Nutritional health during adolescence is very important for supporting the growing body and for preventing future health problems.
During this period, physical changes affect the body’s nutritional needs, while changes in one’s lifestyle may affect eating habits and food choices. WHAT’s registered dieticians are here to help! We work in partnership with our primary medical care and mental health providers to ensure that adolescents’ and young adults’ nutritional needs and concerns are effectively addressed.
Some common issues for which consultations are provided include:
- General health and well being.
- Weight loss or gain.
- Iron deficiency anemia.
- Diabetes Mellitus – Type 1 and Type 2.
- Celiac disease and other food allergy/intolerances.
- Eating disorders.
- Body image and adolescence.
- Vegetarian eating patterns.
- Adolescents with special health needs.
WHAT’s registered dieticians are also available to provide or present on the following:
- Nutrition classes for groups.
- Health fairs/expos.
- Sports nutrition for teams.